Dear Parents and Guardians,
In this e-mail:
1. Concert Tuesday!!
2. Playing tests
3. Scale pass-offs
4. End of year
5. Summer Orchestra
6. Concert Attendance Opportunities
1. Our final CMS concert of the year is Tomorrow, Tuesday May 10th at 6:00pm. Please have students at CMS by 5:30 so we can get them all tuned. If you are available to help supervise a group of students prior to the concert, please let me know. We will end the night with a big combined piece that will include 5th grade, middle school, and high school students!
2. We have been working on playing tests on our concert music for the past two weeks. Every student had the opportunity to play their test during class. Some students said they would come after school instead. I stayed after school until 4:30 on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday last week and until 4pm today to accommodate all of the students who chose to stay after school. However, I believe there are still a few students who did not play their tests. Each test is worth 100 points. I will work on getting the tests done today entered hopefully before class tomorrow.
3. After our concert, we will begin working on our scale pass offs. Students have been working since January to memorize their scales and arpeggios in different keys. These tests will be pass/fail since scales can either be played correctly or incorrectly. This will make up a large portion of the Q4 grade. Please encourage your children to keep practicing.
4. As the end of the year approaches we have several things to take care of:
1. Advanced Orchestra plays on May 19th 6:30-7:30 for Open House
2. ALL students will turn in their music
3. Students using school instruments will turn in their instruments along with a note about any repairs that need to be made to them.
4. All assignments will need to be turned in by May 19th (concert attendance, in-class concert evaluation, scale pass-offs).
5. Summer Orchestra will be June 6-June 23, Monday-Thursday for one hour a day. Please let me know if your child will be participating by filling out this form (once is enough if you've already done it):
Summer Orchestra 2016
I will have registration forms available at the concert.
6. Concert Attendance Opportunities:
Thursday, May 12 - 7:00pm Suzuki Strings - Free
Tuesday, May 17th - 7:00pm Cedar High School Orchestra - Free
Wednesday, May 18 - 7:00pm Canyon View HS Orchestra - Free
Thursday, May 19 - 6:30-7:30pm - CMS Advanced Orchestra plays for CMS Open House